Friday, June 14, 2024

Bali set to launch light rail transit project with completion of feasibility study

Reading Time: < 1 minute
Journalist IBP

Journalist

Editor

Interview

Bali is poised to introduce a Light Rail Transit (LRT) system following the completion of the feasibility study for the project. The initial phase of the LRT will feature a 6.04-kilometer track stretching from Ngurah Rai International Airport to the Sunset Road area.

In its initial stage, the Bali LRT will include five stations: Ngurah Rai Airport, Kuta, Pura Desa Adat, Central Park, and Sunset Road. The investment for this project is estimated at approximately US$876 million, or around Rp14.2 trillion.

“The Bali LRT line is planned to be constructed underground,” Risal Wasal, Director General of Railways at the Ministry of Transportation, said on Friday, June 7, 2024.

The decision to build underground was made to accommodate the densely populated areas along the proposed route, which would pose significant challenges if the line were built at grade or elevated.

With the feasibility study completed, the project will move forward with further planning stages, including the Basic Engineering Design (BED) and Detailed Engineering Design (DED).

Additionally, the project will need to conduct an environmental impact assessment (Amdal), develop a Land Acquisition and Resettlement Action Plan (LARAP), and secure funding before construction can begin.

Risal noted that the timeline for the groundbreaking ceremony depends on the readiness of the Bali provincial adminstration to finalize the planning, including the project’s tender process.

Earlier, Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumadi said that the Bali provincial administration and the regional administration will hold the majority of shares in the project, owning 51 percent, while the central government the remaining 49 percent.

Regarding the funding scheme, Budi cited various options, including Public-Private Partnerships (KPBU). South Korea has previously expressed its readiness to participate in building the Bali LRT project.

Journalist IBP

Journalist

 

Editor

 

Interview

SUBSCRIBE NOW
We will provide you with an invoice for your reimbursable expenses.

Free

New to Indonesian market? Read our free articles before subscribing to the premium plan. If you already run your business in Indonesia, make sure to subscribe to the premium subscription so you won’t miss any intelligence & business opportunities.

Premium

$550 USD/Year

or

$45 USD/Month

Cancelation: you can cancel your subscription at any time, by sending us an email inquiry@ibp-media.com

Add keywords to your market watch and receive notification:
Schedule a free consultation with us:

We’ll contact you for confirmation.

FURTHER READING

PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN), Indonesia’s state-owned electricity company, has announced plans to construct three new wind power plants (PLTB) − PLTB Timor, PLTB Tanah Laut, and PLTB Sulbagsel − by 2027 with a combined capacity of 152 MW.
SKK Migas reveals that China has expressed interest in utilizing Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) technology to rejuvenate Indonesia’s aging oil fields, potentially boosting production and reserves significantly.
Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono, says Indonesia’s vast marine biodiversity remains largely unmapped and underexplored, missing out on significant opportunities for marine biopharmacology.
President Jokowi announced a major boost in foreign investment for the Nusantara Capital City (IKN), following his recent visit to oversee groundbreaking projects and inaugurate key infrastructure in the country’s new capital city.
A number of MoU with a total investment of Rp862 billion (US$53 million) were signed at the 2024 International Tourism Investment Forum (ITIF) regarding a number of tourism infrastructure projects with a number of companies.
SKK Migas is coordinating with the Ministry of Energy and ENI Indonesia for a 3D seismic survey plan of US$70 million in pursuit of more oil and gas reserves.