Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Nusantara capital city authority seeks additional funding amid budget cut

Reading Time: 2 minutes
Audina Nur

Journalist

Editor

Interview

The Nusantara Capital City (IKN) Authority has revealed that they have been affected by the automatic adjustment policy, resulting in a budget of Rp21 billion (approximately US$1.47 million) being blocked by Minister of Finance Sri Mulyani Indrawati.

Head of the IKN Authority, Bambang Susantono, said the total budget cut amounted to 5 percent of the total budget ceiling of the IKN authority in 2024, which is Rp434 billion.

“The Budget Implementation List (DIPA) ceiling is Rp434 billion, but there are some cuts for  Ministries/Institutions. So, the total expenditure budget becomes Rp412 billion,” Bambang told a hearing with Commission II of the House of Representatives, on Monday, March 18, 2024.

Bambang said that broadly, the DIPA allocation n 2024 will be used to support two main programs, namely the strategic area development program amounting to 46.7 percent or Rp202.89 billion. Meanwhile, the remainder of Rp231.12 billion or 53.3 percent of the total budget will be used to run management support programs. Alongside the temporary budget cuts, the authority explained that this month they plan to propose an additional budget of Rp112 billion.

In addition, the authority revealed that they would submit a request for an additional budget ceiling in May 2024 amounting to Rp3.5 trillion to carry out the management and maintenance program of several facilities and infrastructure that have been completed by the Ministry of Public Works and Housing.

“This March, we plan to propose additional funding for 2024. In May, there will be further discussions, for example, maintenance of completed buildings and infrastructure,” he said.

Bambang said further that the Deputy for Facilities and Infrastructure will absorb the additional budget proposal of Rp2.17 trillion, while, the Deputy for Green and Digital Transformation will absorb an additional budget proposal of Rp864.39 billion, and the Deputy for Environmental and Natural Resources will absorb Rp457.2 billion. Furthermore, the Deputy for Social, Cultural, and Community Empowerment will absorb Rp57.44 billion and the Deputy for Planning and Land will absorb Rp15.03 billion.

Audina Nur

Journalist

 

Editor

 

Interview

SUBSCRIBE NOW
We will provide you with an invoice for your reimbursable expenses.

Free

New to Indonesian market? Read our free articles before subscribing to the premium plan. If you already run your business in Indonesia, make sure to subscribe to the premium subscription so you won’t miss any intelligence & business opportunities.

Premium

$550 USD/Year

or

$45 USD/Month

Cancelation: you can cancel your subscription at any time, by sending us an email inquiry@ibp-media.com

Add keywords to your market watch and receive notification:
No topics
Schedule a free consultation with us:

We’ll contact you for confirmation.

FURTHER READING

The Ethics Council of the Constitutional Court Honors (MKMK) has reprimanded Justice Anwar Usman after being found guilty of violating the Code of Ethics and Conduct for Constitutional Judges.
British oil giant BP has targeted the production of 176 liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargoes this year from the Tangguh LNG Plant in Bintuni Bay, West Papua, some 55 cargoes of which are expected to come from Train 3.
PT Chandra Asri Pacific (TPIA), an entity owned by conglomerate Prajogo Pangestu, is forecasting the completion of its Chlor Alkali-Ethylene Dichloride (CA-EDC) plant, which serves as a raw material source for electric vehicle (EV) batteries, by the year 2027.
The Ministry of Public Works and Housing is poised to finalize the selection of the winning bidder for the nation’s longest toll road project, the Gedebage – Tasikmalaya – Cilacap (Getaci) Toll Road.
Minister of Communication and Informatics, Budi Arie Setiadi, has revealed that the draft Presidential Regulation (Perpres) on Publisher Rights is set to be ratified soon.
Calls are mounted on the three presidential candidates to prioritize maritime security if they lead the nation in view of new threats at the sea that need urgent attention.