Chairman of the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) Isma Yatun met with Chairman of the Korean Board of Audit Inspection (BAI) Choe Jaehae in Seoul on March 3, 2023, to create an action plan for future bilateral cooperation. The potential cooperation includes arrangements for the two institutions to exchange examiners for secondment at each other’s Supreme Audit Institution (SAI).
At the meeting, Yatun shared the agency’s experience in serving as an external auditor for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
“With this experience, BPK welcomes BAI Korea’s request to carry out a secondment at BPK in examining international organizations,” she said.
According to the beacukai.go.id, secondment refers to the temporary assignment of an employee to another organizational unit for a specific period of time and purpose, with assigned duties and supervision in the new unit.
Opportunities for secondment
BPK employees will be offered secondment opportunities on a variety of topics, such as:
- Examining international organizations
- Conducting methodological research and audit cases at the BAI Research Institute
- Participating in international audit capacity building training and audit cases at the BAI Research Institute
- Receiving international audit capacity building training at the Audit and Inspection Training Institute (AITI)
- Undergoing training on BARON (BAI Audit Data Analysis Systems) and other information technology (IT) methodologies.
“There is also training on international inspection capability development at the AITI and training on BAI Audit Data Analysis Systems and other IT methodologies,” Yatun said at the BPK’s official website.
BPK international collaborations
According to BPK’s official website, the agency has built multiple cooperations with international institutions, such as:
- International organizations
International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI), Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI), INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) and ASEAN Supreme Audit Institutions (ASEANSAI);
- Bilateral cooperation
BPK counterparts in bilateral cooperation include SAI from Australia, Iran, Malaysia, Poland, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Czech, Russia, Tunisia, New South Wales, New Zealand, Philippines, Lao, Pakistan, Latvia and Saudi Arabia.
- Multilateral cooperations
It is broadly divided into 3, namely:
- Cooperation with international organizations other than INTOSAI, ASOSAI and ASEANSAI, such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank, US Agency for International Development (USAID) and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
- Coordinating the inspection of PHLN (foreign loans and grants) projects funded by the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Coordination of inspection implementation at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) and International Maritime Organization (IMO).