The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) suspected a corruption had occurred in railway repairs project amounting up to IDR 14.5 billion (US$ 971,337). The investigation on the suspects are still ongoing.
The KPK suspected that there was cooperation between officials from the Ministry of Transportation and tender participants for the project. Based KPK’s analysis, the tender process was rigged to allow the project to be handled by a company that is willing to pay a fee of 5 to 10% of the total project value.
Johanis Tanak, Deputy Chairman of the KPK, said the tender process was rigged to allow the project to be handled by a company that is willing to pay a fee of 5 to 10% of the total project value..
According to KPK spokesman Ali Fikri, KPK investigators will search for the officials involved by following the money trail to identify the recipients of the corruption money.
“Whoever it is, if the evidence shows that the person is involved, the Corruption Eradication Commission will definitely designate the person as a suspect,” said Fikri on April 13, 2023.
So far, KPK managed to identify that as many as IDR 1.1 billion of kickbacks have been handed to Harno Trimadi, the Director of Railway Infrastructure.
“The amount is IDR 1.1 billion. The money is suspected to be used for holiday allowances,” said Tanak on April 13, 2023.
Furthermore, KPK investigators have named six people suspects, they are Trimadi, Head of the Central Jakarta Railway Engineering Center; a manufacturing official for the project, as well as four contractors working on the project.
“The suspects have been detained at the detention center (detention house) for the first 20 days from April 12 to May 1, 2023,” said Tanak.
According to Tempo.co, until now, there have been 10 suspects of bribery and corruption case at the Directorate General of Railways of the Ministry of Transportation from 2018 until the 2022 fiscal year. The alleged corruption took place in the regions of South Sulawesi, Central Java, West Java, and Sumatra.
The 10 suspects are:
- Director of PT IPA (Istana Putra Agung), Dion Renato Sugiarto (DIN);
- Director of PT DF (Dwikorita Fajarkharisma), Muchamad Hikmat (MUH);
- Director of PT KA Property Management until February 2023, Yoseph Ibrahim (YOS);
- and VP of PT KA Property Management, Parjono (PAR).
- Director of Railway Infrastructure, Harno Trimadi (HNO);
- Head of the Central Java Railway Engineering Center (BTP), Putu Sumarjaya;
- Central Java BTP Commitment Making Officer (PPK), Bernard Hasibuan (BEN);
- PPK BPKA South Sulawesi, Achmad Affandi (AFF);
- PPK Railway Infrastructure Maintenance, Fadliansyah (FAD); And
- PPK BTP West Java, Syntho Pirjani Hutabarat (SYN).