The Attorney General’s Office questioned Acep Jamhuri, Secretary of Karawang Regency, in a corruption case tied to Army Housing Mandatory Savings (TWP AD) for 2019-2020. The inquiry involves land procurement for TWP AD housing by suspect TN.
The Military Prosecutor General’s Office examined six witnesses, including Acep, from November 20 to 24. Acep, former Acting Head of Public Works in Karawang, was queried about his authority to strengthen evidence in the case.
Here are the identities of the six witnesses who were examined:
- AR as the Former Acting Village Chief (Pj.Kades) of Mekarjaya Karawang.
- HS as the Former Head of the National Land Agency (Badan Pertanahan Nasional – BPN) Karawang for the 2019 period.
- YM as the Head of Spatial Planning at PUPR.
- YM as the Section Head of Spatial Planning at PUPR.
- A as the wife of the suspect TN.
- AJ as the official Secretary of the Karawang Regency who was examined during his tenure as the Acting Head of the PUPR.
Earlier, TN was designated a suspect in the TWP AD corruption case for fiscal year 2019-2020, expanding the case involving retired Brigadier General YAK and suspect AS. Ketut noted the three suspects caused state losses of IDR 66 billion by deviating from the cooperation agreement between BP TWP AD and PT Indah Berkah Utama, failing to provide agreed-upon houses. TN, YAK, and AS are alleged to have violated regulations in land procurement for TWP AD housing in Karawang.