Sunday, December 3, 2023

Prabowo Subianto met with Jokowi, discusses key geopolitical and defense issues

Reading Time: < 1 minute
Journalist IBP


Mahinda Arkyasa



Prabowo Subianto, Minister of Defense, met with President Joko ‘Jokowi’ Widodo to discuss a number of defense issues, including the Ukrainian war, military cooperation with African countries, and technology development cooperation with South Korea.

Prabowo advises mutual respect to the Ukrainian war

Subianto assessed that the development of the war between Russia and Ukraine was changing rapidly and needed further discussion.

The Indonesian government is considered to have to be clear about the state of war, such as a position of mutual respect for provisions and international law.

Currently, the government maintains good relations with all parties and tries to act as a mediator between Russia and Ukraine.

“We continue to try to provide good input,” said Subianto.

Cooperation with Africa and South Korea

Prabowo also mentioned that he had responded to requests for defense cooperation with a number of African countries and is committed to following up on these requests.

“So many African countries have asked Indonesia to help train their country’s defense forces,” Prabowo said.

In addition, Indonesia also needs to explore the continuation of cost and share negotiations with the South Korean government regarding the development of the KF-21 fighter jet project.

The project is a joint fighter jet development project between Indonesia and South Korea.

So far, the initial financing for the Korea Aerospace Industry (KAI) is US$ 3.3 billion, with a potential economic value of up to US$ 10 billion and potential employment for 27,000 people.

Currently, Indonesia has only met 17% of the development costs, and needs to pay the remaining 83% of the costs.

Journalist IBP


Mahinda Arkyasa




We will provide you with an invoice for your reimbursable expenses.


New to Indonesian market? Read our free articles before subscribing to the premium plan. If you already run your business in Indonesia, make sure to subscribe to the premium subscription so you won’t miss any intelligence & business opportunities.


$550 USD/Year


$45 USD/Month

Cancelation: you can cancel your subscription at any time, by sending us an email

Add keywords to your market watch and receive notification:
Schedule a free consultation with us:

We’ll contact you for confirmation.


The government is advised to exercise caution in developing nuclear power plants (NPPs) as their development poses various risks that require careful consideration.
Presidential and vice-presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto and Gibran Rakabuming Raka have outlined their vision to construct 10 innovation cities across Indonesia if they emerge victorious in the 2024 Presidential Election.
The government plans to encourage larger exports to non-traditional markets such as India, Pakistan, and Mexico. Indonesia’s exports have traditionally been dominated by China, the United States, and European countries. 
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is currently investigating three cases of alleged corruption in the Ministry of Agriculture (Kementan), involving the procurement of cattle, horticulture, and extortion.
PT PGN Tbk, a Subholding Gas under Pertamina, is committed to enhancing its responsiveness to customer complaints by implementing various initiatives.
The official establishment of the Comprehensive Investment and Policy Plan (CIPP) within the Just Energy Transition Partnership (JETP) marked a significant milestone in Indonesia’s move towards achieving net-zero emission.