Friday, April 19, 2024

Megawati’s son in law under scrutiny for involvement in corruption case

Reading Time: 2 minutes
Journalist IBP


Mahinda Arkyasa



Muhammad Yusrizki, Chair of the Standing Committee on Renewable Energy of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) and President Director of PT Basis Utama Prima, was detained by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO).

In addition to Yusrizki, the AGO also investigated Hapsoro ‘Happy’ Sukmonohadi in relation to the Base Transceiver Station (BTS) infrastructure project for the 2020-2022 period.

Yuzriski investigated by Attorney General Office

Yusrizki is a well-known businessman who has served at Kadin since October 2021, and is the Chairman of Kadin Net Zero Hub.

Yusrizki’s company partners with Huawei as a subcontractor partner to work on BTS. In this case it was appointed to provide solar panel systems in the BTS infrastructure procurement project. In its implementation there were criminal indications along with several other suspects. Currently, he is being held for the next 20 days at the Salemba Detention Center.

Other suspects involved in the crime are Minister of Communication and Informatics Johnny G. Plate, President Director of BAKTI Kominfo Anang Achmad Latif, President Director of PT Mora Telematika Indonesia Galubang Menak, and Expert Staff of Human Development of Universitas Indonesia of 2020 Yohan Suryanto.

“After an intensive examination, investigators have found sufficient evidence so that today we will raise the status of the person concerned as a suspect,” said Kuntadi, the Director of Investigation at the AGO.

“He is one of the directors of a goods supply company,” said Haryoko Ari Prabowo, Head of the Sub-Directorate of Investigations at the Junior Attorney General’s Directorate for Special Crimes (Jampidsus) at the AGO.

Hapsoro ‘Happy’ Sukmonohadi investigated

Kuntadi explained that the AGO will investigate all parties related to the alleged corruption case in the BTS project, including Happy Sukmonohadi, the husband of Puan Maharani and the son in low of Megawati Soekarnoputri, who is suspected as the owner of PT Basis Utama Prima (BUP). However, Kejagung is still tracing the case’s connection with him and his involvement.

BUP is owned by Hapsoro with 99.9% share ownership and PT Mohammad Mangkuningrat 0.1%. Meanwhile, PT Mohammad Mangkuningrat is a company controlled by Mohammad Arsjad Rasjid Prabu Mangkuningrat (Arsjad Rasjid) with 98.37% ownership and the remaining 1.63% is owned by Lis Junitati Rasjid Prabu Mangkuningrat.

“We always trace it to the end. But we act based on the presence or absence of evidence,” said Kuntadi, on June 15, 2023.

Kuntadi added that the AGO will proceed with the case according to the evidence available and therefore it must not be careless in determining the next step of investigation.

“We don’t want to speculate, if there is no evidence we cannot act,” he added.

Journalist IBP


Mahinda Arkyasa




We will provide you with an invoice for your reimbursable expenses.


New to Indonesian market? Read our free articles before subscribing to the premium plan. If you already run your business in Indonesia, make sure to subscribe to the premium subscription so you won’t miss any intelligence & business opportunities.


$550 USD/Year


$45 USD/Month

Cancelation: you can cancel your subscription at any time, by sending us an email

Add keywords to your market watch and receive notification:
Schedule a free consultation with us:

We’ll contact you for confirmation.


Minister of State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Erick Thohir has warned the Indonesian SOEs to anticipate the impact of global economic and geopolitical turmoil, citing the US inflation at 3.5 percent as indicator that the Fed would not lower the benchmark interest rate (Fed Fund Rate) in the near future.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has approved the additional state capital injection (PMN) to PT Wijaya Karya (WIKA) amounting to Rp6 trillion (US$419 million).
PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) has deposited around Rp3.35 trillion (about US$207 million), or about sevent percent out of its 2023 profit of Rp48.79 trillion, to the regional administrations in Papua.
The Coordinating Ministry for the Economy held a coordination meeting with all Deputy Ministerial elements along with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and several Ambassadors on Monday, April 15, 2024 in response to developments in the Middle East conflict following Iran’s retaliatory offensive against Israel. 
The textile and textile product (TPT) industry asks all stakeholders to comply with import restriction policies as regulated in Minister of Trade Regulations No. 36/2023 and No. 3/2024 on Import policy and control. 
The government has spoken out regarding Indonesia’s stance on Iran’s recent attack on Israel, asking the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to take swift action to de-escalate tensions in the region.