Ex Director General from ESDM as suspect in alledge corruption in ANTAM mining permit
New officials from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) have been named suspects by the Attorney General's Office (AGO) in relation to an allegation of corruption in nickel mining in the ANTAM Mining Business Permit Area (WIUP).
The two officials are named Ridwan Djamaluddin (RJ), former Director General of Mineral and Coal, and with the initials HJ as Sub Coordinator of the Work Plan and Budget (RKAB) of ESDM.
The AGO also named two suspects, SM, Head of Geology at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (Former Director for Development of Mineral Exploitation at the Directorate General of Minerals and Coal at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources), and EVT, as the evaluator of the work plan and budget for the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. Then, Windu Aji Sutanto (WAS), as the owner of PT Kara Nusantara Investama. Previously, four suspects had been named, HW, YAS, AA, OS.
Several companies were also involved, such as PT Antam’s nickel mining business unit in North Konawe, PT Kabaena Kromit Pratama, PT Lawu Agung Mining, PT Kara Nusantara Investama.
The Attorney General's Office has named several people as overall suspects in the alleged corruption case (Tipikor) in nickel mining in the ANTAM Mining Business Permit Area (WIUP) from several of the above companies as well as several ESDM officials.
The two suspects were named because of their roles after discussing the simplification of the RKAB which resulted in Kabaena Kromit no longer having a Mining Business Permit (IUP) in its mining area as well as several other companies to obtain a 2022 Ore Nickel mining quota of 1.5 million MT.
However, in reality the RKAB report was used or sold by Kabaena Kromit to other companies such as Lawu Agung to legalize nickel ore mining on ANTAM's 157 ha of land which does not have an RKAB.
Meanwhile, HJ processed requests for RKAB Kabaena Kromit and several other companies without referring to the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources regulation (Permen ESDM) No 1806K/30/MEM/2018 but based on RJ's orders.
"The total state loss is IDR 5.7 trillion," said Ketut Sumedana, Head of the AGO Legal Information Center.
"Furthermore, to speed up the investigation process, suspects RJ and suspect HJ were detained at the Salemba State Detention Center, Attorney General's Office Branch for 20 days from August 9-28, 2023," he said.
Mandiodo's high nickel resources
Reporting from ANTAM's 2022 Annual Report, the total resources and reserves of the Mandiodo Block reached 14.38 million tons, consisting of 8.34 million tons for low grade nickel ore resources below 1.5% (limonite) and 6.04 million tons for high grade nickel ore above 1.5% % (saprolite).
The indicated limonite type reached 6.17 million tons, and the inferred resource reached 2.17 million tons. Meanwhile, saprolite reached 1.61 million tons, and inferred saprolite resources reached 4.43 million tons. Meanwhile, the nickel content is 1.42-1.43% for limonite and 1.74-1.77% for saprolite.
Meanwhile, nickel ore reserves reached 2.58 million tonnes, consisting of 1.42 million tonnes of limonite and 1.16 million tonnes of saprolite. It contains 1.59% limonite and 1.72% saprolite.
Meanwhile, ANTAM's total resources in North Konawe reach 97.52 million tons of limonite with a grade of 1.43%. Meanwhile, saprolite reached 134.94 million tonnes or 1.8% grade.
In addition, ANTAM's nickel reserves in Konawe for limonite reach 12.72 million tons with 1.62% grade, and 35.03 million tons for saprolite with 1.78% grade.
Tag
Already have an account? Sign In
-
Freemium
-
Monthly Subscription
30% OFF$26.03
$37.19/MonthCancel anytime
This offer is open to all new subscribers!
Subscribe now -
Yearly Subscription
33% OFF$228.13
$340.5/YearCancel anytime
This offer is open to all new subscribers!
Subscribe now